So, as you can guess this section is dedicated to love and relationships. I am no relationship guru, trust me. I have been in love once, hopefully not the last time. As many of you out there I know the feeling when your heart stops for a second when you receive a message from your loved one and also know the feeling of being heart broken. My story, like any other, involves a major disappointment in someone I loved and idealised. He was everything I ever pictured in a man and yet he managed to drop me down, my self-esteem and confidence literary dropped dead. Long story short, he stood me up, after having invited me over to a different country, mind you I had to take a flight and book a hotel, and he never showed. Heartbroken, to say the least. And yet, I am thankful to this man, because he made me realise that I needed to change something in my life and so I did.
After that, my outlook towards relationships had slightly shifted. Of course, I am looking forward to falling in love again with someone who can see me and like me for who I am. Yet, today, I take relationships differently. For starters, I am more protective of my heart, so I do not let just anyone in. I also started avoiding labels like "boyfriend" and "girlfriend", which is probably not the best thing either. Because when you love someone you want the entire world to know. I have learnt a few things on the way as well:
- If a man likes you, he will make the effort to see you and be worthy of you
- If a man only wants you for sex, he will also make it clear
- In which case, don't try and make him want more
- You will end up heart broken
- You have to let the man feel that it was his decision fo you to be together
- You can't view men, as sole providers for the family: a man is not attracted to a woman that sits at home all day, or spends hours in the gym only and shopping, believe it or not sometimes men like to talk as well.
- Men are attracted to women that have at least a hobby, preferably a job
As I said I am not a relationship guru but wanted to share these thoughts with you. In this section, you will read more of this kind of posts inspired by personal experiences or further observations of reality around me.
Let me know in the comments below, if you would like to hear my thoughts on something that has been on your mind.