All fairy tales end with a happily ever after leading us to believe that the happiness is found in love and that life after you have found « the one » is smooth. I believe in fairy tales and in happy endings and wish that life could be as simple as a book.
What does happily ever after mean? Is it the day we tie the knot with our loved one? Is it the day we fall in love? What if it for some of us it is not even related to love at all? What if for some of us happily ever after simply means being comfortable in our own life - whatever it is?
Are we conditioned to believe that live solves all of our problems? The thing is when it comes to the matters of heart, nothing is ever easy. It takes patience and time to figure out what you really want and what your loved one wants. Sometimes loving someone means letting them go to be with someone else because that is what is making them happy. When you are in love you put their happiness before yours and you care enough to make every moment count. Love doesn’t solve any problems. It makes us vulnerable and sometimes we are scared to be so.
Happily ever after may also be the day we signed the job contrat that we dreamt of in years. Or when your professional dreams realize.
Is it possible to have both: an outstanding career and a smooth personal life? Does one compromise the other?
The thing is that to me happily ever after is having the big picture: healthy lifestyle, a good career and a person that I can count on no matter what - someone I love. This is how I define happily ever after. Does that mean there will be no obstacles on the way? Or even once I reached there? Definitely not. There will be challenges every single step I take. And today I realized I am willing to take the risks, open my heart to someone and to take the leap in my career. Even if you fall down or get hurt on the way, it will only make you stronger and lead you to the life you are meant to have. No regrets. You can’t be happy and have regrets. Regrets make your heart heavier with thoughts. Let go of the regrets.
Live for yourself, whatever it may be. And remember, every ending is a new beginning. #lookingforward #noregrets #newadventure #happilyeverafter #loveandbeloved
Ever wonder what would make your life happier? Here are a few tips for you:
1. Smile: It is a proven fact that smiling helps your mind to enjoy every moment of your life and makes even stressful days much more enjoyable. Advice: smile at least 5 times a day!
2. Travel: Travel as often as you can. Even if it is for a weekend - just get out there and explore a new city or revisit a favourite place that you haven't been to in a long time! A change of scenery will change your mind and make your life so much more fun
3. No social media day: In fact scratch that, make it a no phone day! Get in touch with your friends, neighbours and colleagues by speaking to them and meeting them in person. Nothing that is happening on social media is more exciting than a night out with the your favourite people! Try that at least once a week and see how much happier you are!
4. Eat Healthier and Exercise: Alright, this is one of the "must haves" on the list, I agree. Admit it though, without this one on the list - life just becomes a serious routine with little excitement and challenge!
5. Spend a weekend at home cuddled in bed with a book/film: A few lazy people out there will definitely relate to this one! It is even better if you can share this one with your partner, significant other, your other half. When was the last time you spent time together? If you have to think about this, it is time to try staying in this weekend!
6. Pay attention to details: Stop focusing on the bigger picture and start noticing the little things in life! It may sound like nada but trust me it makes a difference!
7. Less negativity and more laughter: This one is important! Don't be afraid to let go of negative people/tasks/duties/emotions in your life! Let go of the pessimistic attitudes and surround yourself with laughter! Advice: if you have younger brothers, sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, children - spend a day with them! Nothing brings more joy than being around kids!
8. You: No matter how funny or strange this may sound to you, but at the end of the day YOU are the only person who can make your life happier in so many ways! Follow your heart, don't be afraid to chase your dreams and live your life with no regrets! Remember people/society will judge you anyway, so you might as well make it worth the while!