#PressPause: Sometimes we get so carried away in our rhythm of life that we forget to press pause and take a break. And with time we start to get tired from overthinking and rushing ahead. We also start putting pressure on ourselves because YOU are your toughest judge. You make yourself become an overachiever and when you make one tiny mistake you think that the whole world comes crushing. But is it all worth our energy, when we could just press pause from time to time instead?
Sometimes it may even be a cause for insecurity and anxiety. Constantly spending your time and thinking of how you could make your life better and that you are running of time may also lead to consequent feeling of unhappiness. You know you have reached that point when everything around you seems to be going well and you feel being stuck in the middle of nowhere. Social Media is not a helper here either. Looking at the pictures of your friends getting ahead with their lives only plants a seed of doubt in your heart and you may feel like you are falling behind.
Is there a cure for this? Here are a few thoughts on this matter:
- Don't be hard on yourself: you are doing the best you can and that is what matters, you cannot do more and beyond
- Don't compare your life to the life of others. Each one of us lives on an individual timing and things will come to you when YOUR timing is right
- Take a moment to catch a breath. Just try taking a break from time to time.
- Do more things that YOU like: go out for a stroll in a park, buy tickets to your favorite show, take a long lunch break or come in late to work. Trust me, the world will keep on going and it will not crash, so take your time for yourself.
- Make more time for yourself. Stop making any excuses or putting others first. It is nice of you to think of others, but who is there thinking of you?
- Try to enjoy every single moment of your life and do not rush the time. One day, you will be looking back wishing you had more time. Make each moment count.