When you are a Boarding School student, without even realising this, you are building a large network of contacts that you will keep for your lifetime. Whether you become best friends with your peers or just nod and smile to them while passing in the hallways, one day in the future you will meet them and you will never know where this interaction will get you.
You will definitely have a few of the following experiences:
1. Best Friend: you will meet someone and become best friends for life. Life will throw obstacles and challenges your way and yet you will always find that you will be there for each other no matter what.
2. A friend that invites you to their wedding: you will definitely have a few friends that you will keep in touch with who will then invite you to their wedding.
3. You will always have a place to stay in any part of the world because there will be someone you know from high school.
4. You will also know students from the neighbouring boarding schools and share more common friends and expand your network.
5. One day, you may find yourself working with someone you went to high school with even if you have not heard from them in a while.
6. One day you will meet someone who went to the same high school as you but graduated earlier or later than you and will find out that the strong sense of community and boarding school spirit remains with you regardless of your graduation date.
7. You will probably know more people around the world than a non-boarding school student.