1. You learn to share: and I don't mean just your notes, hidden cookies or video games. I mean you learn how to share and schedule shower times, dinner time chores, responsibility for common mistakes, etc.
2. Sleepovers are not a given: to be able to have a slumber party in your friends room over the weekend you have to earn - it's not a given!!
3. Friendships last forever: friends you make in a boarding school will stay with you forever. 10 years of friendship with my best friend and counting!! Wouldn't have it any other way!!
4. We are family: when your classmates become your family and you see them more often that you actual brothers and sisters!
5. You learn how to be creative: creativity is something you catch really quickly as a student in a boarding school as you look for excuses for late homework, late lights out, why you skipped study time, etc
6. You don't have to wake up extremely early: why bother if the school is only a few floors down? If you think that's convenient, think again.
7. Missing your family: This when you realize that there's no place like home.